This Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili has a wonderful flavor. It’s made with ground turkey breast, but you won’t miss the beef because it’s delicious! It only requires a few minutes of attention at the beginning and then you can leave it all day to do its thing!
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili
You won't miss the beef in this chili!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup frozen organic corn
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained (add an extra can if you like it with lots of beans!)
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Toppings: avocado, cheese, cilantro, green onions
Heat pan over medium heat.
Add olive oil once pan is heated.
Saute onion and garlic for about 10 minutes until onions begin to brown and turn translucent.
Pour onion mixture into slow cooker. Add ALL other ingredients to slow cooker. Stir well.
Cook over low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir when done and add additional salt and pepper to taste as needed. Top with toppings and enjoy!