Here’s a soup that you can likely make without having to take a trip to the grocery store. You can just gather all of the ingredients from your pantry, refrigerator and/or freezer and whip this up for lunch. It’s called Pureed White Bean and Tomato Soup–it’s easy, healthy and delicious. The perfect trifecta!! #stayhome
Pureed White Bean and Tomato Soup
- 1 yellow or sweet onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped can be frozen spinach or any fresh greens you may have (kale, chard, etc.)
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce can use tomato puree or crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes if that's all you have!
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained cannellini or great northern
- 3 cups organic low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth or beef broth or even water if that's all you have!
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan and more for serving!
Heat olive oil in large soup pot.
Add onion and carrot. Saute until soft and slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Add garlic and saute about 1 minute more.
Add spinach. Saute for 3 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, beans and broth. Add salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Puree with an immersion blender or let cool and then puree in a regular blender.
If using a regular blender, return soup to pot after it is pureed.
Stir in parmesan cheese. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve topped with additional parmesan if you'd like!