This simple and delicious Summery Bruschetta Pasta Salad is the perfect way to use up all of your sweet and succulent homegrown or farmer’s market tomatoes and fragrant basil. Whip this up as a side dish with dinner or make it just to keep in the refrigerator to eat with your lunch. I promise you it won’t last long!
Summery Bruschetta Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat dry orzo can use any small whole wheat pasta
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes chopped and drained; can use almost any kind of tomato!
- 2 tbsp. red onion diced small
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large ball burrata cheese sliced into small pieces
Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. When ready, drain and set aside.
Prepare tomatoes by chopping them and draining out the extra liquid in a strainer. Place prepared tomatoes in serving bowl.
Add all other ingredients to tomatoes except pasta. Stir to combine.
When pasta is drained and cooled, add it to tomato mixture and stir to combine. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!